Christmas for many in the Entertainment industry is going to be very different this year – myself included. I will be one of the many who will be without work this Christmas – although I count myself lucky to have qualified for the Self Employed help from the Government (Unlike many of my colleagues – please support #ExcludedUK to push for assistance for those who have had nothing since March).
I have been lucky to have worked on many shows over the Christmas period during my career to date – so I thought I would revisit some of them, to help remind myself and others that whilst the current situation is dire, there have been many moments of Christmas joy in the past, and will be again in the future – particularly now that vaccines appear to be on the way.
It will also give me a chance to re-connect with some of the wonderful people I have had the pleasure to work with, share some memories of those who are no longer with us, dig out some of the music I’ve written, and hopefully a few will join in the fun, and share some of their memories too.
It’s a difficult and uncertain time for most people at the minute – but if anyone is in a position to help support others, you can do so via the M.U. and Equity hardship funds here:
Musicians Union Coronavirus Hardship Fund: https://musiciansunion.org.uk/Donate
I will also share links to any venue fundraising where appropriate.
Check out all of the GHOSTS as they visit here:
- ALADDIN – Salisbury Playhouse: https://richardatkinson.org/ghosts-of-christmas-past-1-aladdin/
2. SCROOGE – On Tour, and at the London Palladium: https://richardatkinson.org/ghosts-of-christmas-past-2-scrooge/
3. THE WIZARD OF OZ – New Vic Theatre, Newcastle-under-Lyme: https://richardatkinson.org/ghosts-of-christmas-past-3-the-wizard-of-oz-new-vic/
4. ALICE’S ADVENTURES IN WONDERLAND – Theatre by the Lake, Keswick: https://richardatkinson.org/ghosts-of-christmas-past-4-alices-adventures-in-wonderland/
5. ROBIN HOOD – Everyman Theatre, Cheltenham: https://richardatkinson.org/ghosts-of-christmas-past-5-robin-hood/
6. TOM’S MIDNIGHT GARDEN – Theatre by the Lake, Keswick: https://richardatkinson.org/ghosts-of-christmas-past-6-toms-midnight-garden/
7. OLIVER! – New Vic Theatre, Newcastle-under-Lyme: https://richardatkinson.org/2020/12/18/ghosts-of-christmas-past-7-oliver/
8. THE WIZARD OF OZ – Theatre by the Lake, Keswick: https://richardatkinson.org/ghosts-of-christmas-past-8-the-wizard-of-oz-theatre-by-the-lake/